It’s here! The result of hard work to develop a road map for September.
We have set up a google drive with all of the supporting documentation we have reviewed or referenced as part of the September Ready Report.
Arts Education and Social and Emotional Learning Framework
A Synergistic Pairing
The Arts Education and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Framework is designed to illuminate the intersection between arts education and social-emotional learning to allow for the intentional application of appropriate teaching and learning strategies, with the overarching goal of enhancing Arts Education.
The Main Themes
• Sequential Arts Education Must Continue for ALL Students in ALL Instructional Models
• Proper Staffing and Support Must Provided to Allow Continuity of Instruction Based on Health and Safety Requirements
• Arts Educators and Administrators Must be Included in the District Planning for School Reopening
• The Social Emotional Learning Needs of Students, Faculty and Staff Must be Addressed in All Aspects of Instruction
• Professional Development Must be Provided
• New Jersey Cultural Community Resources Should be Utilized for Additional Instructional Support
Read about how SEL is a strong argument for music education and download the fact sheet here.
Check in here for the day-by-day activities at the Summit. Videos of plenary sessions, keynote and more!
With the mass cancellation of student arts events, school and college closures, and shifts to online learning becoming a part of our new reality, this is a unique opportunity for students and teachers to develop new strategies for teaching and learning and to reflect and grow as artists and people. While it may be increasingly difficult to view the current environment as positive for arts education, our teachers are being forced to develop new educational strategies, and students are developing new approaches to learning.
And Arts Ed NJ is here to help.
Making changes at your school may relate to policy. And that means you’ll need to work directly with school and district board officials and administrators. Here are some tips and tools to help you connect to those who can influence change.
Mix & match action to develop an arts-rich school or district.ArtsEdNow_ActionPathways
Do you know the New Jersey Administrative Code?